Friday, November 13, 2015

DIY Wedding fun!!

DIY Wedding Crazyness for Dayz!


I had such a blast doing fun making my own wedding decor! I made it almost a game to see how much money I could save and how creative I could be. Yes, every DIY project didn't work out, but it was so therapeutic, and so much fun trying to figure it out!


First things first! Invitation's and save the dates!
I was in shock, when I looked into who much these costs! Aside from the costs of stamps, they were SOOO expensive! So I decided to make my own. I asked around, and tried to find the cheapest place I could print them out at. A friend told me about this company! http://www.overnightprints.com/
So I designed my invites on http://www.picmonkey.com/  and under their Postcards- then custom design, I uploaded and ordered my designs! In total, I spent $45 for save the dates and $73 that's not including stamps.
 I got the envelopes $5 for 50 with coupons
The address stamp I bought from Groupon which I highly recommend getting one of those!
The twine was purchased for $2 at Walmart!
 

Light up DIY sign!! This was probably my most favorite DIY project that I did! The whole thing was $30 dollars, not including the extra large chalkboard pen that I used for the lettering. I bought the chalkboard from using a discount code which made it $10 (pretty much everything I used from Hobby Lobby, was bought with a discount code)


Letters painted with chalkboard paint then sanded..,

Card box, bought from Hobby Lobby, stained and glued on some personal touches!


Program chalkboard for $10! 


From the beginning my goal was to spend as little as POSSIBLE on bouquets and boutonnieres. After talking to friends about how much they spent on flowers my mind was blown, $1,000+ on something that will barley stay alive through the reception then just tossed! So I winged it and made me own. Sure, it was trial and error as for other wedding DIY projects, and I was never a huge fan of how the bridesmaids bouquets turned out, but they were cheap and simple, which is what I wanted. On the other hand I LOVED my bouquet and the boutonnieres! Made with peacock feather off Etsy.com, dried florals from Hobby Lobby, and darice Floral tape to hold it all together! Made for less than $100 


Got this frame from the thrift store, and chalk boarded it up!
 Awesome find in the dumpster by our old apartment! It was the top of a coffee table!!
 One of my amazing OTA friends found these on the side of the road and thought of me! She is so awesome!! They made perfect isle markers!
 Rustic DIYchandelier!

The cup cake bar sign used to say HOME, but it was old decor that was gonna be tossed anyways!
SHE and HE is to me! Personal touches!
Personalized fan programs!



 DIY center pieces!


No comments:

Post a Comment